Is there another plant on our earth like Stevia? Well after 1,500 years of use in Paraguay we think Stevia has stood the test of time. The leaves are a delicious and nutritious food, a fantastic no calorie sweetener, an incredible external and internal medicine, and when gently extracted into a tea, is wonderful for smoothing wrinkles, softening and beautifying the skin and healing blemishes and sores.
The active photochemical in stevia leaves, stevioside, is at least one hundred times sweeter than sugar. Stevia is an exceptional aid in weight loss and weight management as it contains no calories and reduces cravings for sweets, fatty foods and appetite when 10 or 15 drops are taken 20 minutes before meals. Stevia may even reset the hunger mechanisms in people where the pathway between the hypothalamus and the stomach has become obstructed.
Stevia tea or to make a concentrate to sweeten any meal where you may otherwise use sugar.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of dried stevia in a teapot or saucepan.
- Fill the teapot with a 1/2 to 1 cup of boiling water.
- Cover and let let steep 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in your prettiest cups for breakfast, to sweeten natural uncooked muesli and fruit or use as a concentrate in baking and deserts.
- Experiment to find the dosage for your needs, Note it is 100x stronger that sugar!
At Bodywise we have an extensive range of lovely herbal teas, come and try a cup and discover a whole new world of lovely flavours with great health benefits.