We have significantly reduced our environmental waste at Bodywise
Finding places to recycle our waste packaging from Bodywise has been a long standing challenge, until now!
This is what we do to reduce our impact on the environment.
- We prioritise brands that come in cardboard, glass and plastic coded as type 1 or 2 which can be recycled in nz.
- Glass bottles containing herbal medicine are easily recycled, so you can return your cleaned bottle for reuse or place in your recycling.
- Nearly all our suppliers use recycled boxes and packaging from used paper and cardboard. Recently biodegradable corn starch beads have been used as box fillers.
- 99% of our printing is on the back of previously printed paper, and we use digital media in preference to flyers.
- Our boxes go to the Food Bank and our plastic bubble wrap to the Salvation Army Store
- Lastly, we keep a couple of little boxes handy for those who have forgotten to bring a bag or to courier products.
Reminder: if you need a repeat of a herbal tincture, we can reuse your old bottle? Please put it through your dishwasher first and bring it in.
For more info on recycling go to: https://plasticpackaging.co.nz/news/identifying-recyclable-plastics-in-nz/